This month’s newsletter is for all of you who love visiting outdoor farmers’ markets in the summer. You aren’t alone… we love it too!

As you know, Field Stone is proud to be a vendor at three year-round indoor markets:  Calgary Farmers Market, Edmonton’s Bountiful Market and Red Deer’s Gasoline Alley Market.  But when summer comes, we fire up the travel van, pack up the market tent, grab the portable cash box and off we go! We bring the great taste of fruit wines closer to you. Serving chilled fruit wines on the patio this summer may be easier than you think!  We’re excited to be in some new outdoor markets this year, as well as many “old” favourites.   Here’s where you can find us almost every day of the week:


Westside King’s Farmers Market. Time: 3:00 to 7:00 pm, beginning June 8. Location: 3939 69 Street SW, Calgary.  NEW Market.


Airdrie Farmers Market.  Time:  3:30 to 7:00 pm, beginning June 2.  Location: Parking Lot, Plainsmen Arena (310 Centre Ave), Airdrie.


Canmore Mountain Market.  Time:  10:00 am to 4:00 pm, beginning June 10.  Location: Parking Lot, Elevation Place (700 Railway Avenue), Canmore.

Crossfield Farmers Market.  Time:  3:30 pm to 7:30 pm, beginning June 3.  Location: Community Center, 900 Mountain Avenue, Crossfield. (Some dates only).


Strathmore Farmers Market.  Time:  3:00 pm to 6:30 pm, beginning June 11. Location:  Kinsmen Park, Strathmore.

Okotoks Farmers Market.  Time:  3:30 pm to 6:30 pm, beginning June 18.  Location: 322041 15 Street East (one mile north of Okotoks GM). (Some dates only).


Millarville Farmers Market. Time: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, beginning June 19.  Location: Millarville Race Track, Range Road 30 (192nd Street) off Highway 22 South (SW of Calgary).

Cochrane Farmers Market. Time: 9:30 am to 1:30 pm, beginning June 5.  Location: SLS Family Sports Center (800 Griffin Road East), Cochrane.

St. Albert Farmers Market.  Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, beginning June 13.  Location:  5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert.

Drumheller Farmers Market.  Time:  11:00 am to 3:00 pm, beginning June 19.  Location: Downtown Plaza parking lot, Drumheller.


Bearspaw Lions Farmers Market. Time: 10:00 am to 2 pm, beginning June 6.  Location: Parking Lot, Bearspaw Lions Hall, 25240 Nagway Road (off Bearspaw Road, north of Highway 1A, just west of the Calgary City Limits).

Callingwood Farmers Market (Edmonton).  Time:  10:00 am to 3:00 pm, beginning May 21. Location:  Parking Lot, The Marketplace at Callingwood, 6655 178 Street, Edmonton.


Most markets that Field Stone attends are “Alberta-Approved Farmers Markets.” One of the criteria for an Alberta-Approved market is that 80% of the vendors meet the “make it, bake it, grow it” criteria; the remaining 20% of the vendors are selling products that complement the market mix. This ensures an authentic farmers market experience for you.

If you are not a regular market-goer, consider making a farmers market a regular part of your summer’s activities this year!  All these fine markets offer exceptional Alberta products and interesting growers, farmers, makers, bakers, and artists. Get to know the people behind your favourite products.  You won’t be disappointed!

Also, just a reminder that the Winery is now open for tastings – Saturday and Sunday from 11 to 5.  We hope you make a trip out to the orchard this summer; we’d love to have you!  Bring your picnic lunch and enjoy the day. The tastings are free and so is the sunshine.

And now… to the biggest news of all….

Like any local agri-business, we care about what our customers want.  And our customers – that’s you’all – have been very vocal over the years about what kind of fruit wines you’d like to see available here in Alberta.  Well, we’ve had some changes to Alberta liquor regulations lately, and with them we are able to source a wider variety of fruit.  So, we are thrilled to offer our brand new release for this summer (drum roll please):  Blueberry Fruit Wine!

More than any other variety, our customers have consistently shared their number-one-on-the-wishlist fruit wine.  And that flavour is Blueberry.

Our Blueberry Fruit Wine is just as you’d expect.  Medium-dry, fruity, flavourful and delicious – it’s both smooth and crisp at the same time.  We don’t expect you to take our word for it, however.  Come on down to the market this season and taste it!  Tastings are free and the reviews are welcome.

Finally, we can’t seem to end a newsletter without a recipe, so in anticipation of several months of Summer Sipping ahead, I’ll leave you with one of our hot-weather favourites:  Black Currant Lemonade. This one really is as-easy-as-pie, seriously yummy, and absolutely perfect for warm afternoons and evenings.

 3 ounces of your favourite lemonade

1 ounce of Black Currant Dessert Wine

Combine together in a tall glass, over ice and sliced lemons.   Enjoy!

Happy June everyone.  Be sure to add some “Blueberry” to the great summer ahead!



Comments are closed.